Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Japan's grave crisis as flashed on the f.b. on March 28,2011.

Bishwa Nath Singh

In Japan,the radiation crisis at the quake-and-tsunami-hit Fukushima Daiichi atomic energy plant is reported to have deepened on Sunday the 27th of March 2011 that had lead to a protest march in Tokyo by several hundred activists opposed to the generation of electricity by nuclear power. Japan’s nuclear safety regulators had expressed the view that there is a continuous leakage of radioactive substances and for that the Tokyo Electric Power Company that runs the plant and is responsible for the crisis.


(Photo of  Japan's casatrophy)

 · Share: You, Soroj Ram, Nikhil Singh, Rubab Shahi and 2 others like this.

Bishwa Nath Singh:

It had retreated that there has been a breach in the reactor at Unit 2 of Fukushima Daiichi atomic energy plant. In a press conference in Tokyo, Japan's Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano had said that a certain amount of radioactive mat...erials has melted at Unit 2 in the multi-reactor plant. It is believed that fuel rods inside the reactor [at Unit 2] were exposed above water for some time, causing a high degree of radioactivity at the site without referring to the alarming figure that the plant officials had first put out as revealed by Edano in the said conference. By nightfall on the day, Tokyo Electric Power Company had withdrawn its earlier estimate that extreme level of radiation, as detected in stagnant water inside the turbine room of Unit 2, was caused by radioactive substances which exceeded their normal density at the site by ten million times. but such a dangerous degree of radiation was said to have been fully contained within the reactor site itself. However, the workers engaged in a variety of tasks aimed at bringing the plant under control were promptly withdrawn. Edano had later emphasized that it would take some time for these workers to return to the plant site. At the same time, it was a welcome sign that the workers, who were hospitalized for exposure to intense radiation at Unit 3, would now be discharged soon, he said. Until the day, officials were describing the situation at Unit 3, designed for using mixed fuel, as very precarious and unpredictable because of the extensive damage caused there by the March 11,2011 extensive earthquake and tsunami. Following the unabated alarm since then about the radioactive pollution of air, water, food and dairy produce, and seawater, the Japanese Government had advised Lately, a careful analysis of the soil at the power plant premises. The investigation would focus on the possibility of plutonium leakage as well as said by Edano. It is believed that the concerns articulated by the Tokyo protesters, were less specific but no less intense. Let us hope that things will soon be normalized and Japan will regain its old heritage soon by the grace of God and wisdom and technical skill of Japanese as whole who are striving hard round o’clock!


March 28,2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.