Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A write-up on the latest Japan's grave crisis as flashed on the f.b. on March 29,2011.

Bishwa Nath Singh

In Japan, the mounting problems, including badly miscalculated radiation figures and inadequate storage tanks for huge amounts of contaminated water, stymied emergency workers today as they struggled to nudge grief stricken nuclear complex back from the edge of disaster. The workers are attempting to remove the radioactive water from the tsunami-ravaged nuclear compound and restart the regular cooling systems for the dangerously hot fuel


(Photo of Japan's grave cricis)

 Share: You, Amit Kumar, Gopal Sharma and Ashok Tiwari like this.

Bishwa Nath Singh :
The day of March 27,2011 had begun with company officials reporting that radiation in leaking water in the Unit 2 reactor was 10 million times above normal, a spike that forced employees to flee the unit. The day ended with officials the huge figure had been miscalculated and offering apologies. The number is not credible,” said Tokyo Electric Power Co. spokesperson Takashi Kurita. “We are very sorry.” A few hours later, Tepco vice-president Sakae Muto said a new test had found radiation levels one lakh times above normal — far better than the first results, though very high.But he ruled out having an independent monitor to oversee the various checks despite the errors. Japanese Officials acknowledged there was radioactive water in all four of the Fukushima Daichi complex’s most troubled reactors, and that airborne radiation in Unit 2 measured one thousand millisieverts per hour, four times the limit deemed safe by the Japanese Government. Those high airborne readings — if accurate — would make it very difficult for emergency workers to get inside to pump out the water. Japanese Officials say they still don’t know where the radioactive water is coming from, though government spokesperson Yukio Edano earlier said some is “almost certainly” seeping from a damaged reactor core in one of the units.The discovery late last week of pools of radioactive water has been a major setback in the mission to get the crucial cooling systems operating more than two weeks after a massive earthquake and tsunami that had caused enormous loss of lives and wealth when rocked on March 11,2011.The magnitude-9 quake off Japan’s northeast coast on March 11,2011 triggered a tsunami that barreled onshore and disabled the Fukushima plant, complicating a humanitarian disaster that is thought to have killed and lost over twenty thousand people. A top Tepco official acknowledged it could take a long time to clean up the complex.” We cannot say at this time how many months or years it will take,” Muto said, insisting the main goal now is to keep the reactors cool. The workers have been scrambling hard to remove the radioactive water from the four units and find place to safely store it. We have full faith in their wisdom and hard working abilities. Let us hope that everything will be normal in Japan and will emerge as a the most shining country of the world in due course of time.


March 29,2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.